Tuesday, April 4, 2017

7.25.2010 MAY YOU LIVE FOREVER!

its a hot one this week...right in the thick of summer sizzlin'. i have been bent over, and stretched out (when the knees need a rest) on a deck all week: first, power washing; then a power sander from george's tool rental; then scraping and a final sanding; then priming. all kinds of difficulties too numerous to tell of (i'm in the library now stopped by the latest). the renter telling me i'm overdoing it (of course, he does not have to come back a third time if it fails again). admittedly i'm going a bit overboard, giving the baker's dozen in hopes that the result will: 1. cause someone to praise God (is my hope) and 2. make sure my job is done correctly.


in the process, every part of my body is bright (or recovering from bright) red sunburn. i will, as mom used to say, soon be as brown as a berry. on two of the days God graciously sent a cooling, brief shower which allowed me to endure without being stopped.


as i go thru all this it is good...i am reminded (GENTLY!) by the Lord to forsake, once and for all my arrogance of thinking i can do fine by myself, that my way is best (ha!) and other absurdities that have all my life long led me into incredible difficulties and a lot of pain with little accomplished. 'in the multitude of counsellors there is wisdom' He whispers. will i stop trusting in myself? time will tell.


this week the pastor asked me if i would paint 11 doors for him. on tuesday i went out to see the job and gave him a cut rate price. on wednesday as i was working i had a very definite impression that i should have nothing to do with this job and called that night and left a message to that effect. so another person probably pissed...when will i learn the RULE: never say yes without waiting on Me first. this time i was sure that my thot was God's: of course God would want me to help out the pastor!....no. i am a hardhead..a slow learner...like to bang my head against stone...


i'm almost a month behind on poop so will dedicate some space to a little of what's been going on between my ears..


i will hold forth a bit on my dream to be the first christian martyr of the united states government...which i see here where i left off on 6.27...everytime i blab about this it makes it go away, so i'll attempt the remedy, here, once again.. actually this seems to be growing now. i find myself getting excited as i approach about 240 hours of work left. (actually i just finished up the last for-pay job so maybe it will be a while until these are actually worked) but yea, i'm getting excited and just continuing in much prayer and waiting on the Lord over it. it may well be that the whole thing is from satan...or maybe my flesh. to make sure i'm just praying much and telling God i don't want anything He doesn't..and i mean that (at least on the conscious level). when i have completed the paint work He wants done at that time i will hope to do a little prayer-fast and commit th

No comments: