Sunday, April 23, 2017

4.23.2017 MISSIONS POEMS

ON WITH THE MESSAGE! ON, ON AND ON!

485  on with the message!  on with the light!
on to the regions still shrouded in night!
on to the nations which never have heard;
on with the life-giving, soul-saving Word.

on with the message! message of pw'r
message to meet ev'ry need of the hour
on with the message o'er land and o'er sea;
on with the truth that can set sinners free.

on with the message! carry it on.
millions in darkness still pray for the dawn,
millions for whom Christ's own Blood did atone
die in their darkness, unreached, and alone.

on with the message! haste thee away;
soon cometh night, haste thee while 'tis day.
on with the message, by love's passion stirred;
on till each creature of Jesus has heard.

on with the message; strive more and more;
soon will the days for proclaiming be o'er.
on to all lengths, to where none have yet gone;
on with the message! On, on, and on!
Wesley Duewel

MISSIONARIES - Author unknown

away in foreign lands they wondered how
their single word had power!
at home, the christians, tow or three, had met
to pray an hour.

the weary ones had rest, the sad had joy
that day; I wondered how!
a ploughman, singing at his work had prayed;
LORD, HELP THEM NOW.

486  THE MISSIONARY -  Henry W. Frost

an unknown dreamer dreamed concerning men,
and what he saw in vision came to pass,
for he, by faith, had stood on sea of glass
and heard the Voice, and then had said, Amen!
thereat, he quickly turned from heave to earth,
the light of glory burning in his eyes,
to speak what he had heard within the skies,
to preach redemption through the heavenly birth:

and so he saw what God saw from His throne,
and thus he wrought according to God's plan,
and thence through years, though oft rejected, lone,
he voiced God's message to his fellow-man: -
the dreamer died; they laid him 'neath the sod;
but now a countless host adores his God!

STIR INTO FLAME - Author unknown

Stir me, oh, Stir me, Lord - I care not how,
but Stir my heart  in passion for the world;
Stir me to give, to go, but most to pray;
Stir till the blood-red banner be unfurled
O'er lands that still in heathen darkness lie,
o'er deserts where no cross is lifted high.

Stir me, oh, stir me, Lord, till all my heart
is filled with strong compassion for these souls,
till Thy compelling 'must' drives me to pray,
till Thy constraining love reach to the poles.
far North and south, is burning deep desire,
till East and West are caught in love's great fire.

Stir me, oh, Stir me, Lord, till prayer is pain;
till prayer is joy; till prayer turns into praise;
Stir me till heart and will and mind, yea, all
is Wholly thine to use through all the days;
STIR TILL I LEARN TO PRAY EXCEEDINGLY;
STIR TILL I LEARN TO PRAY EXPECTANTLY.

Stir me, oh, Stir me, Lord; Thy heart was stirred
by love's intensest fire, till Thou didst give
Thine only son,  Thy best beloved One,
E'en to the dreadful Cross, that I might live.
Stir me to give myself so back to Thee,
that Thou canst give Thyself again through me.

Stir me, oh, Stir me, Lord for I can see
Thy glorious triumph day begin to break;
the dawn already gilds the eastern sky;
O Church of Christ, awake! awake!
Oh, Stir us, Lord, as heralds of that day
for night is past - our King is on His way.


No comments: