Friday, October 12, 2012

10.12.2012 SONG OF SONGS: WHAT IF GOD AND I HAD THE LOVE OF SOLOMON AND THE SHULLAMITE?

the song of songs was written by solomon, the king of israel, about his love for and relationship with a shullamite maid (6.13) who was one of the caretakers in one of his vineyards(1.6). it is a picture of God's love for you...and for me...and for every human being...who He created to be in a deep love relationship with Himself. His love for every person He created and rules over is eternal, unchanging, passionate and real. our love for Him, depending on 'where we are with Him', may be none existent, cold, tepid, warm or passionate (He is my life! He is my all! He is the only One who makes life worth living! My only object in all i think, do and say is to show my love for Him, please Him and obey Him!).

solomon=1
shullamite=2

song of songs
1.2 may He kiss me with the kisses of his mouth!                                         2 DESIRES 1
for your love is better than wine.                                                                  2 PRAISES 1 publicly
1.3 your oils have a pleasing fragrance.                                                        1 PLEASES 2
your name is lie purified oil                                                                           2 HONORS 1
therefore the maidens love you.                                                                    ?
1.4 draw me after you and let us run together!                                              2 WANTS TO BE WITH 1
we will rejoice in you and be glad.                                                                2 REJOICES IN 1
we will extol your love more than wine
1.7 tell me, o you whom my soul loves,
where do you pasture your flock                                                                  2 WANTS TO BE WITH 1
1.8 if you yourself do not know, most beautiful among women                      2 PLEASES 1
go forth on the trail of the flock and pasture your young goats                       1 ANSWERS 2
by the tents of the shepherds                                                                        1 WANTS TO BE WITH 2
1.9 to me, my darling, you are like my mare..                                                1 NAMES..'darling' 2
1.10 your cheeks are lovely..your neck..                                                       2 PLEASES 1
1.11 we will make for you ornaments of gold..                                              1 WANTS TO GIVE TO 2
1.12 while the king was at his table, my perfume gave forth its fragrance        2 SEEKS TO PLEASE 1
1.13 my beloved is to me a pouch of myrrh which lies all night between my breasts
                                                                                                                    2 NAMES..'beloved' 1
                                                                                                                    1 PLEASES 2
1.14 my beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms in the vineyards of engedi
                                                                                                                    1 PLEASES 2
                                                                                                                    2 NAMES..'beloved' 1
1.15 how beautiful you are, my darling                                                          1 NAMES..'darling' 2
how beautiful you are! your eyes are like doves.                                            1 PLEASES 2
1.16 how handsome you are, my beloved, and so pleasant!                           2 NAMES..'beloved' 1
                                                                                                                    1 PLEASES 2
indeed our couch is luxiant!                                                                    2 DESIRES INTIMACY WITH 1
1.17 the beams of our houses are cedars, our rafters, cypresses                     'OUR' REPLACES 'MY'

when there is mutual love
there is a mutual
desire
praise
honor
desire to be with
rejoicing in the other



No comments: