Sunday, September 9, 2012

9.9.2012 HEBREWS 3.10- THIS A.M. IN SUNDAY SCHOOL

this a.m. in men's class at mision evangelica we were studying hebrews 3. when we came to verse 10 it seemed God spoke to me in a special way (although the whole time was very good).
verse 10 in the kjv says,'wherefore I was grieved with that generation and said,
"THEY DO ALWAYS ERR IN THEIR HEART; AND THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN MY WAYS".

the spanish for the highlighted words,
siempre andan vagando en su corazon; y no han conicido mis caminos
literally
always WANDERING ABOUT in their heart and they have not known My ways.
so 'err' in english is rendered 'vangando', the present participle of vagar-to wander about

i hope to check the greek word but for right now i am spoken to by the use of the spanish verb...because (this spoken of the israelites who were wandering in the desert wilderness for 40 years because they had not obeyed God's command to go up into palestine, the promised land, because there were giants there)...if the greek bears out the spanish over the english...
their aimless wandering about in total barrenness was simply an external reflection of the inner wandering of  their heart.
it struck me so much that their horrible circumstances were a mirror of 'where' their hearts were and 'what' their hearts were doing

why this spoke so to me is that it impressed me that that is an exact description of my outward circumstances...and of my heart. through fear and vacillation i am stuck. OH MAY GOD GRANT REPENTANCE that i might follow His word boldly. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON MY WAYWARD, WICKED SOUL and rescue me from this desert!

No comments: