Monday, February 13, 2017

2.13.2017 IT MEANS JUST WHAT IT SAYS - author unknown

There are some who believe the Bible,                           And it tell me He will heal me,
And some who believe a part;                                         And hear my feeblest cry,
Some who trust with a reservation,                                 And that all His royal bounty,
And some with all the heart.                                            Will all my need supply.
But I know that its every promise                                    And I seem to know no better,
Is firm and true always;                                                   Than to trust Him all my ways,
It is tried as the precious silver,                                        For He says I must trust Him fully,
And it means just what it says.                                         And I  trust just as He says.

It assures me of salvation                                                 Let me hearken to all His precepts,
Thro' Jesus' precious Blood,                                             And instantly obey;
For the souls that will trust His mercy,                             Let me run to perform His bidding,
And yield themselves to God                                           Whatever He may say.
And I claim for myself the promise                                  Let me cherish His least commandment,
And just begin to praise,                                                   And walk in all His ways;
For it says I am saved by trusting,                                    Let me always obey my Master
And I trust just as it says.                                                  And do just what He says.

And it tells me there is cleansing,                                     It is strange we trust each other,
From every secret sin,                                                       And only doubt our Lord;
And a great and full salvation                                           We will take the words of mortals
To keep the heart within;                                                   And yet distrust His Word;
And I take Him in His fullness,                                         But oh, what a light and glory,
With all His glorious grace,                                               Would shine o'er all our days,
For He says it is mine for taking,                                       If we always would remember
And I take just what He says.                                             He means just what He says.

                                                                                                      Author Unknown

No comments: