Monday, December 21, 2015

12.21.2015 DO! CREED

what are some basic IMPORTANTS...or even CRUCIALS of the daily Christ-life?

lately there is a clear, inner tugging (with the whisper, I want all of you, not little pieces here and there.

in andrew murry's 'LivingTo Please God' he speaks of DEVOTION. he caught my attention with words about devotion of spirit followed by...'the classic passage of the law of devotion in leviticus 27.28 - 'no devoted thing, that a man shall devote to the Lord...shall be sold or redeemed.  every devoted thing is most holy unto the Lord'. devotion is the WHOLEHEARTED AND IRREVOCABLE GIVING UP TO GOD OF SOMETHING WHICH MAY NEVER BE TAKEN BACK AGAIN.  the person or thing most holy to the Lord'. (this full expression has been whispering to me from the life of  amy carmichael of late. all the denizens of the same realm i have met before her are no longer here...i have met no living person (especially myself) whose spirit evokes the same impressions.
(note- webster on devote, de(something derived from) + volvEre(to vow)...a vow is a solemn promise)

TODAY DID I
1. OBEY THE BIBLE (fear - ecclessiastes 12.13/ love - matthew 22.37-9/ obey God - john 14.15)
2. PRAY WITHOUT CEASING (I thessalonians 5.17; II cor. 10.5)
3. REJOICE ALWAYS (welfare, success, good fortune!) I thess. 5.16
4. GIVE THANKS FOR  E V E R Y T H I N G  I thess. 5.18
5. BE STRONG (I corinthians 16.13) TO FIGHT everything that opposes God and His word  (ephesians 6.10-18) WITHIN AND WITHOUT.. denying myself, taking up my cross again this morning and following You throughout the day (matt. 16.24)
(note - the cross destroys all opposing POWERS here,
THE WORLD (galatians 6.14)
THE FLESH (gal. 2.20) and
THE DEVIL (genesis 3.15; james 4.7)
6. DO (GOD'S) GOOD TO EVERY PERSON (matt. 22.39
7. LAY DOWN MY LIFE for brother..ANYONE! who was in real and present need. (I john 3.16)
8. PROCLAIM JESUS to anyone who appeared along my path. (matt. 10.7)
9. by what i did, say or think contribute to MAKE a DISCIPLE (matt. 28.18-20)
10. READ, STUDY, MEDITATE ON THE BIBLE (ps. 1.2f; II tim. 2.15)

oh Lord, more and more may we turn Your word into a prayer...this list, as we are reading the Bible, labeling our incoming thoughts with Your word and sending them back as prayers.
-

No comments: