Tuesday, August 27, 2013

8.27.2013 LORD, THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME SICK

and don't ever let me believe the lie that i am anything but evil, a sick sinner, TO THE CORE.
save me from being healthy, let my need level always remain DESPERATE FOR YOU,
for You said, Jesus, 'it is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick.
but go and learn what this means,
'I desire compassion and not sacrifice'
for I did not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance. matt. 9.12-3

keep me dear Lord from stealing Your righteousness and passing it off as my own personal property.
I have no righteousness but You. without You i would be in hell.
truly the sacrifices You desire are a broken spirit,
a broken and a contrite (crushed) heart, oh Lord, You will not despise.

work this leaven of Your kingdom into me
until i find Your love for other sinners all around me,
until i can weep and rejoice with them
in the ongoing battle against inner corruption.

help me to HATE myself in this world, Lord.
for You say,
'he who loves his life (psUxA, greek word for SELF) loses it.
and he who hates his life (SELF) in this world
shall keep it to eternal life.

help me deny myself, renounce myself...and
choose to obey You.. never me..at any time, in any place.

No comments: