Saturday, June 9, 2012

6.9.2012 LARRY NORMAN 1947-2008


Larry Norman is my hero. why? because he knew he was a sinner like i am..who seems to have known the grace and forgiveness of God. Hallelujah! i know very few like him..publicly professing sinners. it's lonely when you are the only sinner you know...no one to talk to but Jesus..no one to relate to be people who remain only in books or on recordings and such.  i recently received a cd of his which was a gift from God and refreshed me greatly. i gave it to my daughter Kate's little girl, Mikayla (hebrew for 'who is like the Lord') on  her first birthday around the 15th of may. i pray that she early becomes a sinner like her peba so we can relate at the deepest level. this is a song of his that fits me exactly and so forms a cry to God from my heart.

I AM A SERVANT

i am a servant
i am listening for my name
i sit here waiting
i've been looking at the game
that i've been playing
i've been staying much
when you are lonely
you're the only one to blame

i am a servant
i am waiting for Your call
i've been unfaithful
so i sit here in the hall
how can You use me
when i've never given all
how can You choose me
when You know i'd quickly fall

so You feed my soul
You help me grow
You let me know
You love me
i might feel worthless now
but i've made a vow
i will humbly bow before Thee
o please use me
I am lonely

i am a servant
getting ready for my part
there's been a change
a rearrangement in my heart
at last i'm learning
there's no returning once i start
to live's a privelege
to love is such an art
but i need your help to start
oh please purify my heart
i am Your servant

i've heard that larry norman recorded about 100 albums. there is very little music i relate to like his, 'christian' or otherwise. when i heard this i wistfully thought, it will never happen!, of how neat it would be to get everything he ever recorded. just my flesh again...not fully satisfied with Jesus yet..




No comments: