Wednesday, January 11, 2017

1.11.2017 VISION OF THE VALLEY (1991 CD) some selections written and sung by Don Francisco

THE PROOF

the offering's down, the crowds have gone
hustled by hucksters, ripped off by the cons
it's one more show, so flip the dial
give up on the real and settle for style

just open your ears to the people you meet
even the name is a joke on the street
a cynic's laugh, the turn away
why should they believe
what you're trying to say?

we don't need another talkin' head
we don't need another pro
so what if we do it as well as the world
if they just see another show?

we light the candle, we ring the bell
playing the roles that we've learned so well
hungy, but blind to why and how
still we keep feeding that sacred cow

we don't need another driven man
we don't need a clanging gong
so what if we do it as well as the world
when they've done it that way all along?
where is the life that is real to the touch
when somebody needs a hand?
maybe after you've stopped the bleeding
you can show them the promised land

like the unbelieving brothers of Jesus
those voices are whisperin' to you
'if you're really filled with the Spirit
go show the world what you can do!

the public prayers, the TV show'
they're all well and good as far as they go
but those outside will hide their pain
'til you show them your love
when there's nothing to gain

we don't need a star of the stage or the screen
we don't need another pro
so what if we do it as well as the world
if they just see another show?

where is the heart of compassion
that answers the cry of despair?
in the hand that is moved by the Spirit
is the proof of the God who is there

in the hand that is moved by the Spirit
is the proof of the God who is there.


I THANK GOD FOR YOU (KAREN'S SONG)

so many things I've meant to say
so much I've meant to show
it's easy letting time go by
and to think somehow you'll know
so I wrote this song to just make sure
you never doubt it's true
that I thank God for you
I thank God for you

you spend yourself so freely
in the things you d for me
you're always there to lift me up
when I'm less that I should be  to earn the kind of love you give
there's nothing I could do
and I thank God for you
I thank God for you.

I thank God because He's given me
a lover and a friend
with a heart that I can trust in
through it all until the end
I thank God because you're more
than I had ever hoped to find
no one else this side of heaven
gives me so much peace of mind

the years have gone so quickly
since we changed to one from two
but time has just intensified
the bond I share with you
and, yes, I'd do it all again to love you as I do
I thank God for you
I thank God for you


VISION OF THE VALLEY

the vision came unbidden, at an unexpected pass
where the winds of change blew colder
whippin' snow that cut like glass
but like an old man in regret
for foolish sins and wasted youth
the scene that lay before me
had no beauty save its truth
for the wind came down the mountains,
never slowing, never still
and the sheep were scattered shepherdless
alone across the hills
they were prey to every beast that roamed
and entrapped by every curse
and they stumbled in their sickness
in their weakness and their thirst

below them in the valley,
the polluted waters flowed
where the shepherds that were hireling
sat and argued with was owed
the ambitious and abusive bragged
and they boasted on their might
and their profits from the slaughter
of the ones who could not fight.

and the wind just kept on howling,
as I cried, 'Oh Lord, how long
will Your people be the victims
of the ruthless, proud and strong'
and at once there came an answer
in the quiet of y soul
'the time has come for judgment
and to make the wounded whole

'for my heart is still a shepherd's heart
I know each one by name
the ragged and the beautiful
the healthy and the lame
and I myself will lead them out
and I'll feed them on the best in pastures by still waters'
in a place of peace and rest
O, but woe unto the shepherds who abuse My sheep and kill
with harshness and severity
you've bent them to your will
and today I am against you
as I take them from your hand -
when the fire of judgment comes
the stubble will not stand.

then darkness filled the valley
and I saw it take up form
screaming winds and fire and lightning
more than any earthly storm
where it passed were no survivors
for the land was cleansed and bare
but the streams flowed clear and purified
and the grass grew green and fair

I saw a man come walking
and his heart glowed like a flame
the sheep began to run to him
and He called each one by name
He spoke to them in gentle words
and he soothed their fearful minds
and he healed the brokenhearted
and the crippled, sick and blind
then many others like him,
all with hearts that glowed the same
that before I hadn't noticed
from the farms and fields they came
they weren't famous, wise or noble,
but the spoke a common word
a word the flock could recognize
and follow when they heard.

they led them in green pastures,
by still waters in the light
standing guard against the wolves
and other creatures of the night
going out into the mountains
in the darkness and the cold
bringing back the lost and wounded
to the safely of the fold
and the news went out around the world
in every street and town
that something wonderful was here.
THAT HEAVEN HAD COME DOWN
and millions gave their hearts in trust
that long had been betrayed
and the bride at last was ready,
and the trumpet call was made
and the news went out around the world
in every stree and town
that something wonderful was here
THAT HEAVEN HAD COME DOWN
and millions gave their hearts in trust
that long had been betrayed
and the bride at last was ready
and the trumpet call was made.




No comments: