Tuesday, January 12, 2016

1.12.2016 SPIRITUAL WAR

HOUR BY HOUR (at times, moment by moment!!) WAR!
BE SOBER (sharp, focused attention), BE ON THE ALERT. your adversary, the devil (the word means, 'false accuser, liar) , prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. but RESIST him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. and after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. to Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.  I peter 5.8-10

so a good beginning point might be, 'COME TO ME all you who labor and are heavy laden and I WILL GIVE YOU R E S T.  TAKE MY YOKE UPON YOU and LEARN FROM ME, for I am gentle and humble of heart AND YOU SHALL FIND R E S T FOR YOUR SOUL. matt. 11.28-30

it is a great help to have
a. a cringing, beggarly poor spirit before the Lord. 'blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. matt. 5.3 and
b. a broken and contrite (lit. crushed) heart before the Lord over one's sin. psalm 51.17

OH LORD, HELP ME!!!!!!!!
1. CONFESS (I jn. 1.9), REPENT (lk. 24.47), FORSAKE (prov. 28.13) each sin (or accusation) immediately...no matter how many times committed/accused...
2. TAKE EVERY THOUGHT CAPTIVE TO THE OBEDIENCE OF CHRIST (II cor. 10.5) evil thoughts may involve my sin, the devil's accusation...
3. BE LOWLY UNDER THE ALMIGHTY HAND OF GOD (I peter 5.6)would You bring me down?
4. BELIEVE  exactly WHAT THE BIBLE (GOD) SAYS!!!!!!!!!
mk.9.23b - all things are possible to him who believes.
 - Gal. 2.20 - I HAVE BEEN CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST...
- Phil. 4.13 - I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST...
5. rule: I WILL NOT BE BROUGHT UNDER THE POWER OF ANY(THING/ONE)...I cor. 6.12
6. 'COMMIT YOUR WAY TO (lit. ROLL your way ON) THE LORD
TRUST ('assured reliance') ALSO IN HIM and He will bring it to pass.' ps. 37.5
7. whenever under special 'attack' CRY OUT (as long as it continues) TO THE LORD for example,
ABBA, FATHER! thank You for Your father affection, care and provision for our needs.
BE GLORIFIED through everything i think, say and do. mt. 5.16 let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
CREATE in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me.  ps. 51.10
DELIVER me from the world, (gal. 6.14) the flesh, (gal. 2.20) and the devil (james 4.7)
EXPEL (lit. 'force (in this case, ME) out') INTO THE WORLD (people!)all around me! matt. 9.38
FORGIVE me when i have forgiven all who remain unforgiven in my heart today.
mark 11.25-6 - 'and WHENEVER YOU stand PRAYing, FORGIVE, if you have anything against anyone so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your transgressions. but if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions'.
(matt. 18.32 then summoning him, his lord said to him, 'you wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you entreated me. should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, even as I had mercy on your?'  and his lord, moved with anger handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him. so shall My heavenly Father also do to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.)
HELP me LORD! (sudden need!)

8. BRAND me WITH YOUR SUFFERING, LORD! (gal. 6.17)
- if you have a strong, continuing desire to be just like God, you will suffer persecution II tim. 3.12, for being like Him and being unashamed to be identified with Christ...cause for rejoicing and gladness. (matt. 3.10-12) when everything is going well...WATCH YOURSELF LEST YOU FORGET THE LORD! deuteronomy 6.10f (O Lord help me not to seek my own comfort but rather be eager to identify with You in man's rejection, persecution, hatred and abandonment of You..they don't yet 'see' Your love!
9. help me DENY MYSELF, TAKE UP MY CROSS every day, and FOLLOW YOU. matt. 16.24
10. REJOICE (what welfare! success!good fortune!is mine.)THE LORD ALWAYS. I thess. 5.16
11. PRAY WITHOUT CEASING (and meditate on the bible day and night. ps. 1.2f) I thess. 5.17
12. IN EVERYTHING to GIVE THANKS. I thess. 5.18
 now to Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that worketh in us, unto Him be glory in the church throughout all ages world without end.
finally,                                                                                                    ephesians 3.20
BE ON THE ALERT
STAND FIRM IN THE FAITH
ACT LIKE MEN
BE STRONG
LET ALL THAT YOU DO BE DONE IN LOVE. I corinthians 16. 13-4


No comments: