Sunday, November 15, 2009

11.15.09 LAST POST?

since it is becoming more common for people to come back out of retirement i decided to add the ?
this blogsite was started when i was in the midst of a fever over the dissolution of our government. the 'fame bug' bit me. in the guise of proposing to 'let other people know', i think a real motive has been to be known.
what are the things that, like night lights, attract away from focusing on the light of the world and letting His words be a lamp to the feet and a light to the path..attract away to destruction... well, the pursuit of fame, $, power, sex, etc. i guess they can all be summed up in the idea of seeking whatever the self desires.
today i am officially giving up (this part of) the desire to be known (remembered).
the ridiculous nature of this became especially apparent when a friend followed my son in becoming my second FOLLOWER! i was so enthralled with my VAST INFLUENCE...as i became aware of this putrid motivation..i think that was the beginning of the end. then there were other, i take them to be Holy Spirit, reminders that served to bring me to this point.

one was david's insistance on taking a census to see how many people he was over...this directly resulted in the death of 70,000 people. another was the verse that says that in the multitude of words there lacketh not sin. i have sinned many times because of the many words recorded on this blog. finally, a recent verse that has come to my attention is where paul says, 'for i will not presume to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished thru me, resulting in the obedience of the gentiles by word and deed..' this reminded me of how much-speaking-about-myself for any reason and in any way that does not lead a person to forget me and be drawn to Christ is a pretty empty pursuit...in all labor there is profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty. may i become a man of few words and many quiet deeds.

No comments: